Information We Collect
CCHC is committed to helping individuals ("Elders") and families ("Families") who need home elder care services. We collect user-submitted personally identifying information and other information specific to the services requested or provided. As part of providing you our services, we may obtain personal information from the following sources:
- Information you provide to us on forms that you enter on the Site or that you provide to us in writing.
- Information that you provide to us by telephone, such as when you contact our office or customer support department.
- Information we receive automatically when you visit our web site. Please see "Cookies and other Technical Data" below.
The information we collect may include: first name, last name, city, state, address, ZIP code, phone, email address and other information specific to the service requested or provided. If you become a registered subscriber we may collect your credit card information and billing address, if you explicitly decide to participate in programs that require this information.
If you use a blog or other feature offered on this Site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you post in your comments there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in this forum.
We use the information we obtain to develop and deliver our services and to fulfill legal requirements. We limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers and to administer our business.
Providing your information is voluntary and you can always choose not to provide it by choosing not to use our Site, services, or features.
Cookies and Other Technical Data
As is true of most web sites, when you visit our Site we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. We gather technical information about your computer such as your browser type, manner of connection to the Internet, referring URL, IP address, operating system, and pages visited. We use this information in aggregate to analyze trends and administer our service. The information that we collect through log files is not tied to personally identifiable information.
We may use third-party advertising companies, such as Google, to serve or track ads on our web site and other web sites. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to this and other web sites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Third Party Information Sharing
- In order to provide our services, we may share any of the information we gather about you with agents and service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as to send email, host videos (if you decide to post one to your account), or process credit card payments. In addition, address information may be shared with a service provider to determine geographic information. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- We may disclose personal information about you to third parties when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena or search warrant, or in the course of a legal proceeding. We may also disclose personal information as we believe appropriate to enforce or apply our rights under our agreements with customers, to protect the rights, property or safety of CCHC, our customers and others, including exchanging information for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If there is a change of control in CCHC's business (whether by merger, sale, or otherwise), its customer information could be sold as part of that transaction and your personally identifying information potentially could be used by the purchaser. However, if that business materially changes this statement or the information-handling practices as described in this statement, you will be notified by email and/or through a notice posted on our Site, and you will have a choice as to whether your existing information is used in a new manner.
By becoming a CCHC site user, you are consenting to receive certain email communications from us, including newsletters, special offers, and customer surveys. CCHC provides users the ability to opt-out of receiving such email communications. If you wish to cease future communications, you can opt-out by using the link on the bottom of an email that you receive from CCHC.
CCHC reserves the right to send you specific administrative notices that are required by law, regulation, or as needed to service your account. Administrative notices also include notifications of new messages about your account and responses to issues your have raised or about which you have posted. You may not opt-out of receiving these administrative emails.
Your Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, you may update this information by logging into your account and accessing the "My Profile" section. If you no longer wish to participate in our service you may close your account directly by visiting the "Membership Information" page under "My Profile" in your account.
How We Protect Your Information
CCHC is committed to earning and keeping your trust and we understand the need to keep your information secure and private. As a result we have implemented industry-recognized safeguards to protect your information. These safeguards include:
- CCHC is registered with a leading provider of digital authentication services and products for electronic commerce and other forms of secure communications. We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer), the industry standard method for computers to communicate securely without risk of manipulation or recipient impersonation. With SSL, you can be assured that your communication with the CCHC web site is secure. We utilize SSL in the online registration process, in the login process, and in the account management section of the Site.
- CCHC uses encryption technology to protect sensitive information such as credit card information, date of birth, and information related to background checks.
- CCHC employs firewalls and system monitoring to protect against unauthorized access of our systems.
Please remember that you also play a valuable role in data security. You should never share your CCHC password with anyone. If you feel your password has been compromised, you should change it immediately by logging into your account and visiting the "My Profile" section. After you have finished using our Site, you should log out of your CCHC account and exit your browser.
Contact for Privacy Related Issues
Caring Companion Home Care, LLC
33 Bradford St
Concord MA 01742
Recent Blog Posts
- Dr Robert Stern Speaks on Alzheimer's Disease at Concord Council on Aging
- Reassuring Elders in Emergencies
- Al Armenti, Local Hero: Doing Well, Doing Good
- Deborah Bier Selected to Deliver National Webinar Sponsored by Home Care Association of America
- Emerson Hospital (Concord MA) Fall Prevention Workshop Mon Apr 8 9:30AM
- NPR: Alzheimer's Deaths Increased 68% in Last Decade
Dad's lost? There's an app for that!
Our custom app tracks iPhone/Android-toting seniors at risk of getting lost. Call for details!